What I have written, I have written.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Ramble on

My life is pretty much some kind of ridiculous rotation between rehearsal, reading, and writing papers.

Band is going well, and entirely too fast. I know listening to Poppen yell isn’t everyone’s idea of a great time, but since I’ve learned to block out everything he says in mal humor, it’s really become a lot more fun. Doc, D.Haack, Burton and Justin are great. I love the show and the music, and I’m a big loser. In other news, we (the basses) have had eleven metronome bitches and counting!

Best story: I was changing my clothes in the auditorium, as I do every morning, and Mr. Dean and Ms. VW walk in. They see us changing and get outrageously offended. Dean insisted that I go find a bathroom, but as I did not have a shirt on, that seemed like a very silly solution to the problem. Later in the day Dean cried about it in choir, and tried to ban any such action from ever happening again. I still change there every day. If someone sees him on the prowl around the time where I might be partially naked, let me know!

I will some day lock Ben, Jeff, and Ritchie in a closet so I never have to look at them nor deal with them ever again. I probably shouldn’t say that too loud, but really.

Let me profile my classes for you.

AP Gov – So I’m learning things about government. I like learning said things, so it’s a good match. On the other hand, all I do is read, and occasionally pretend to be the Constitutional Convention delegate from Pennsylvania, James Wilson. All in all, I enjoy it. I wish I could read a little less of the text book, but eh, such is life.

Honors English with the J.Cowger - It’s great. This guy is absolutely brilliant. I spend most of my life reading and writing for this class, but I’m learning, so that’s good.

Spanish V – Someone save me from the life lectures. They’re great in moderation, but sometimes it just gets a little extensive. On the bright side, I am learning a lot of Spanish.

DMACC Speech – Are you joking me? I hate this class with a passion as fiery as a thousand white hot suns. It is completely useless, and I don’t learn anything. All the teacher does is lecture by reading out of the book. Forget the Socratic Method; the man never looks up from that text. Aside from that laundry list, I haven’t even begun to address the fact that half of the class has no idea what is going on…ever. It is all I can do to make it through this horrendous class until lunch. Hate.

Lunch – Ha. Fun. Teen Girl Squad is quoted often. Kiwi-Strawberry Propel is definitely the drink of champions.

Sociology – The stories that A tells are great. Sometimes I even get to tell great stories of my own. It’s quite an easy class, and I’m beginning to wonder what my GPA could have been if I hadn’t taken AP classes all along. I bet I could have had a ridiculously high one, but I suppose I wouldn’t be willing to give up the extra knowledge for a couple of extra points on a worthless number.

P.E. – Murder me. I have the new teacher. Do you know what Satan looks like? Because I’m not entirely sure it’s not her. She is really hardcore and grades that way, even in Wellness (read: PE for kids who hate PE.) She’s definitely got her favorites picked out already, and rest assured I am not among them. I will work on breaking her in from this elementary PE she had been teaching up until this point. [/rant]

Okay, I’m done with that.

I am applying for the paging program next semester. It’s a little sad to know that I will need to pretty much tie up all the loose ends around the HS early. Even though a lot of my close friends aren’t there, I have managed to have a lot of fun. On the other hand, it’s awesome that, if I make it into the program, I won’t have to take PE with that she-devil ever again.

That brings me to another point. I am beginning to apply to colleges, or at least start filling out the applications. I can’t say that this process is altogether marvelous. In fact, I kind of wish all the colleges would go through and decide if I could go to their school, and then send me some sort of letter which informs me of such. I feel that this would save me a WHOLE lot of time. I hate applications. The end.

P.S. - Someone should call Green Day. September is going to end here very soon.

-Ashley

You can't say you've never had a doubt,
and smoked it down, but really wanted out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home