What I have written, I have written.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Discovery Weekend

Last night Allison, Jordan, Nate, Ryan, and I went to Village Inn to have a patented Smoke and Pie break. This weekend I am going to Depaul to visit Gwen! Better yet…Krysta will be there at the same time!

This past weekend was Discovery Weekend at our ever favorite United Methodist Church. The four girls in my group were all really good kids. And when I say good kids, I mean like, literally, good. The kids that always tattle…my girls. The kids who’ve never done anything wrong in their lives…my girls. It was very hard for me to relate. In case you haven’t figured it out, I was never the good kid.

This year was a much different ride. We had about fifty kids, but they weren’t very outgoing. Sam and I were shot down more than once with our ‘repeat-after-me’ songs. I felt a sort of complacency among all of the kids. I think they were afraid of doubt, and afraid of questioning anything. They were also afraid to sing really loud. What they need to realize is that doubt is a good thing. I’ll possibly elaborate on said statement at a later time.

I felt a little bad that some very trusting church people were putting me in a position to lead these kids on the right road as if I could find it myself. I felt terrible about lecturing them on how they shouldn’t do anything bad when I was getting drunken phone calls from Cindy every five minutes, and knowing that if I weren’t at the church I’d be out partying, too. Knowing that I would be out at some random party, with a random boy, doing who knows what didn’t give me any confidence in my teaching. The problem lies in the fact that I won’t stop. It’s not worth it to me yet.

-Ashley

Everybody just wants to get high
Sit and watch a perfect world go by
We’re all looking for love and meaning in our lives
So we follow the roads that lead us
To drugs or Jesus




Read about Discovery Weekend 2004 @ http://prance.diaryland.com/040418_52.html

1 Comments:

  • I don't know about Cindy's comment, when I was a good kid (really I still am) I had/have fun all the time! I loved high school. Being a good kid is fun because you don't know how much fun being a bad kid is... lol I have to stick up for US good kids still out there!

    By Blogger K, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home